Mardi Gras Rules
The NFOL Mardi Gras Parade Competition is a fun event and we hope all members will participate either by joining in or by encouraging the participants from the side lines. It is a family event and as such we do not allow inappropriate and/or offensive material on display.
- Entry forms will be provided or will be available from Admin on site
- They should be handed in to Admin before midday on Saturday
- A brief description of the entry should be included on the entry form. This will be read out by the MC when you enter the Arena.
You may enter the Mardi Gras Competition as a Region, D.A./ Section, group of friends, or as an individual, in the following categories:
- Individual entries (if under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult – we ask all accompanying adults to be in costume)
- Family/group up to 10
- Group 11-19
- Group over 20
How to participate;
- Come up with artistic ideas on the theme ‘DOWN ON THE FARM’
- Be at the designated Mardi Gras Muster point at the time given in the Programme
- The parade will proceed at a steady walking pace, expressing the fun, friendliness and high spirits that characterise this event.
- Please utilise music and participant enthusiasm in order to get spectators involved in the spirit of the activities. Cheering, clapping, chanting and other such appropriate acts that promote enthusiasm are welcome.
- The name of the entry must be clearly displayed. Each entry must carry a banner or sign to indicate who they are. If the judges cannot identify an entry, it will not be judged.
- Floats should be carried, pushed or pulled but must not be motorised in any way.
- This does not preclude disabled persons from taking part in the Mardi Gras Parade.
The entries are judged on 5 aspects:
|Costumes:The costumes’ creativity, originality, colour and overall good taste||Floats, Displays and Visual Effects:Imagination, effort, originality and quality of artistic work||Movementand Music||Delivery of the theme and how the Entry design supports the theme’s ideas||Overall Impression: The strength of the idea as a whole and the development of this idea throughout each entry.|
Judging will take place at several points along the route. Each entry shall carry a coloured card indicating Entry Category 1, 2, 3 or 4 along with an entry number to enable the identification by the judges.
Final results will be announced shortly after the parade enters the Main Arena. Please be prepared to wait in the Arena until the judges come to their decision and the prizes are presented.
Good luck, have fun and be safe! May the best entry win!