The Competition is organised by the NFOL Organising Committee on behalf of The Camping and Caravanning Club.
The Competition is a family event and, as such, we do not allow inappropriate and/or offensive material on display.
NAKED FLAMES, for the purpose of illuminating decorated units and street scenes, are absolutely forbidden for safety reasons. Units must not be joined by decorations or strings of lights and must be 6 metres apart at all times.
Judging takes place during the evening of the Competition. The judges are under the supervision of the Club Chairman who will render the final decision in case of a tie or dispute.
A total of 100 points will be awarded to each entry on the following basis.
- A maximum of 40 points will be awarded for how enthusiastically you present it (20 points) and how you captivate the spectators’ attention (20 points)
- Up to 30 points available for how well the entry represents the NFOL theme?
- The remaining 30 points are broken down to give a maximum of 15 each for how good it all looks, effort and how much work you have to put into it.
- Entry forms should be handed in at Admin. Entry closes 12:00 noon on Saturday 21st No further entries will be accepted after that time.
- You may enter the Illuminated Competition as a Region / DA / Section, group of friends / family, or as an individual.
- Entries may take the form of:
- A single lighted unit
- A small street consisting of two, three, four or five units lighting up together
- Six or more units lighting up as a large street
- Trade Stands
- Each entry will be given a clear form of identification, which they must display on the unit/street for a) the benefit of judges and b) for organisational purposes.
- Timing of the competition – Entries are expected to be lit by 7:30 pm.
Single Unit Entry
One unit decorated with lights and a display of the NFOL theme. A Single Unit entry must be separate from any Street Scene entry and clearly identified.
Small Street Scene Entry
Two, three, four or five units lighting up together decorated with lights and a display of the NFOL theme, where spectators can view the display as they walk by. Please note all of involved units in the small illuminated street must be lit.
Large Street Scene Entry
Six or more units pitched together to form an illuminated street where spectators can view the display as they walk through. Please note 75% of involved units in the large illuminated street must be lit. This way we hope that your efforts will be part of a spectacular display with a minimum of dark supporting units in the competition area.
One unit decorated with lights and a display of the NFOL theme.
A prize will be awarded for the Large Street Scene plus winners trophy
A prize will be awarded for the Small Street Scene plus winner s trophy
A prize will be awarded for the Single Unit Entry plus winners trophy
Trade entry winners trophy
Prize winners will be notified and prizes awarded at the Closing Ceremony.
Prizes are non- transferable and there is no cash alternative.